Our mission is to show you how easy it is to grow and preserve your own food. This site provides you with how to information based on best practices in home gardening, sustainable growing and safe food preservation.
Every wonder how to determine how much you would need to grow or purchase from your local grower in order to feed your family? Wondering what is the best and easiest way of preserving these foods? Whether you grow it yourself or are purchasing produce from local sources, this tool will help you figure out how much you need to feed your family.
Canner Planner® is designed to help you decide how many pounds of produce and how many plants you would need to grow if you are going to eat fresh from your garden, can, freeze or store your own food. Whether you grow it yourself or are purchasing produce from local sources, this tool will help you figure out how much you need to feed your family.
How Does it Work?
Canner Planner® asks you to estimate how much your family eats of various foods per month. Canner Planner® will then determine how much of each food in pounds you need to purchase or grow to meet your needs. If you are growing your own food, Canner Planner® will also tell you how many plants you will need to grow whether you are using traditional or intensive growing methods. Click here to get started.
Benefits: This tool will help you
- Plan your garden based on your family food consumption – you’ll know how many plants to grow for each food item so you can plan your garden and how best to space them using various gardening methods.
- Based on the information you provide, you’ll be able to plan how many pounds of each food you need if you are going to preserve a year’s worth.
- Your information will be stored so you can go back to update your plan. Your records will be kept so you can compare information from year to year at any time during your membership.
- Determine whether you want to can, freeze or store your foods – we’ll give you recommendations on what works best for different foods.
- Learn the techniques to properly can, freeze or store your foods
- Provide resources that will help you easily preserve your foods using safe methods.